Our utility construction division installs medium to heavy electrical equipment, including street lighting systems, airport lighting systems, power lines and power poles, conduit, electrical panels and related electric services devices and equipment.
Our project managers and electricians are experienced in all aspects of substation design, construction, and maintenance. We have the necessary expertise to assemble, install, and maintain all substation equipment, including power transformers, circuit breakers, protective relay systems, capacitors, and load tap changers.
We can upgrade and retrofit existing facilities, as well as install state of the art new facilities. We also have the capacity to commission clients' new substations.
Our extensive capabilities in extending the life of electrical apparatus include power transformers, breakers, and capacitors. We can conduct protective device coordination studies to help clients review electrical systems and ensure that sophisticated and costly electrical equipment is protected. We also provide a range of maintenance and installation services for switchgear applications in industrial and commercial facilities.
Carr & Duff, Inc. Services Include:
- Substation construction up to 138 kV
- Substation rebuilds and upgrades
- Heavy hauling and rigging of components and equipment
- Transformer retrofit and retrofill services
- Substation testing and commissioning services
- Relay calculations and settings
- Programmable logic controller installation
- Apparatus installation, maintenance and testing
- Switchgear maintenance, replacement and testing
- Project and construction management
- Battery bank installation, testing, and maintenance
- Concrete and drill pier foundations
- Control panel fabrication, installation, and wiring